Born near the Italian-Swiss border, Gaetano Regusci journeyed to Napa Valley in 1891, working at a dairy along today's Silverado Trail. In 1932, Gaetano cashed in his entire life insurance policy and purchased a foreclosed property across the road, known today as the Regusci Ranch.
For the next 30 years, Gaetano wrestled a living from the land, farming corn, hay, walnuts, plums and grapes. He ranched cattle, ran a dairy and opened a retail market. Surviving both prohibition and the Great Depression, Gaetano held onto the Ranch, passing along the historic Stags Leap District property to his son Angelo in the 1960s.
Today the Ranch features 160 acres of vineyards and is home to the third and fourth generations of Regusci farmers. Our proprietary Patriarch red wine is named in Gaetano's honor.